Monday, 22 February 2016

Deathstroke improved - Arkham origins version

Improved my deathstroke, redid the helmet, made the sword, redid the chest piece (since it was small) added more details.

I also won first place at the comic saloon in Belgrade with this costume ^^

bonus - casual deathstroke :D

sword build

drew out my own template for the hilt, or rather the bottom part of the sword. This was drawn on sintra/forex, and then heat formed around the blade of the sword
the blade of the sword is 3 part sintra/forex, with the middle layer hollowed out and filled with wooden sticks, since sintra itself is quite bendable and not really stiff, so it wobbles..a lot
the grip of the sword is actually an empty bottle of vitamins i had laying around :D
cutting out the pattern into 2mm eva for the grip coat
grip asembled
the sword sheet is two part forex and eva 1cm in the middle , the metal pieces are from a hardware store, used for metal screws
new and improved helmet
i used a syringe filled with wood glue to fill the seams, this was a long  tiring process, but in the end, the helmet was without holes
first coat of paint

                   onto the final stages - the helmet and sword after layers of paint and clear coating

Saturday, 17 January 2015

Deathstroke - Arkham origins - build

So durring the comic expo in Belgrade, i managed to make my deathstroke cosplay in about 5 days. Took a few days off work to finish it , but im pretty satisfied with the results. I won 2nd place in the costume contest, though a lot of it didnt fit properly, like the helmet which was too big for my head -.- so ill possibly redo this in the future, also in queue is his sword and staff.

my loyal companion gets threatened with the steel of my katana

my boot-feet plates fell off durring my walk -.-
 This is the process of my helmet build, all is eva foam, heated to fit the printed patterns..This will be redone in the future since the helmet is quite big on my head ._.

The helmet and the colored parts of the armor were coated in plastidip, while others which were originally black were coated in PVC glue, since its cheaper and im in lack of funds to buy massive ammounts of plastidip xD; The white parts of the costume however are sintra or forex (plastic)

Thursday, 2 January 2014

Destroyer soldier - Helmet Build - day 1

N7 destroyer soldier 

New year's start, ive been meaning to start building another cosplay armor from mass effect, and i've always had my eye on the Destroyer N7 soldier, since he's among my top fave mp character. Though its basicly a recolor of the Terminus armor with few more details, so the files ill be using are from the Terminus armor itself...

Pepakura files for it can be located on this thread  , among other useful pepakura files for the people who are going to try their hand out at mass effect cosplay..

First up is the helmet, im using 3mm and 1cm clear black eva foam which i bought online, dremmel, hot glue, scalpels, the usual.

cutting the parts from eva foam is the easiest and most boring part of the job ;c

the top dome and back of the helmet asembled, along with all the parts needed to construct the helmet

the dome had some warping but nothing hot glue cant handle

back of the helmet and the sides of it conected

the cutouts on the front where the mask was supposed to fit in

cutting out space for the front 'decoration'

everything glued into place

added few minor details with 3mm foam
side view


moar posing

it still lacks more details like screws and borders i plan on doing, and of course the plastic visor and paint. Even though it is black, i love giving my armor the 'live' look it gets when painted on..